Sunday, August 18, 2013

The KCS Retreat

Kaylyn 'twerking'.
 The KCS retreat was a lot better than I expected. I had expected it to be lame and stupid, but it turned out to be fun and excited for the rest of the year. I feel like I am closer to the Juniors and rest of my school. I loved spending time with my friends and teachers.
Austin and Kaylyn playing 1 on 1.
 During free time we played tether ball with Mr. Hale, who absolutely destroyed all of us. We also played some volleyball and basketball. Austin and Kaylyn played one on one with each other, and we also played three on one.

Kaylyn's face speaks for itself.
 On the last day we were at the camp, Tiffany gave us some french fries from Taiwan that were in a bag. I expected them to be nasty, but they tasted exactly like french fries.
French Fries in a bag.

'Photogenic Frenzy'
 Mr. Hale showed us some pictures of himself when he was younger and we thought it was hilarious that back in the 80's he had the 'Bieber cut'. We decided it should be the 'Hale cut' now.
The Hale cut.
 One of the props was passed around the camp. Sweeney had worn it in the senior skit as the Lion in Wizard of Oz, and from afar he looked like a girl.
Mrs. Bateman looking foxy.

Mr. Hale or Hagrid.
 
On our way to the camp we had a jam session to Bohemian Rhapsody. 




Overall this retreat was extremely fun and I loved hanging out with my friends from school and building new relationships I might not have gained otherwise. I also feel like I grew closer to God during this trip and I can't wait to start my new beginning on Monday morning.

1 comment:

  1. Hiiii Marly. I was there. I was on that retreat. Good job.

    ReplyDelete